HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Garden putty?

Fri Apr 26, 2013, 09:00 PM

Garden putty?

Okay, so I bought some cheap garden art. It looks like wrought iron, but it's steel tubing that was bent to form interesting shapes. To protect it from rusting, I gave it a dusting of rustoleum, but there are still holes where the soldering was not complete. I want to plug these up with some kind of putty or substance that will keep the water out. Is there anything out there like that? Hopefully in black so I don't have to respray the parts?

2 replies, 1311 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Garden putty? (Original post)
Baitball Blogger Apr 2013 OP
PoliticAverse Apr 2013 #1
Baitball Blogger Apr 2013 #2

Response to Baitball Blogger (Original post)

Fri Apr 26, 2013, 09:49 PM

1. You could use epoxy putty which gets very hard when cured (usually grey-ish)

You could probably also find black silicone glue/adhesive.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to PoliticAverse (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 26, 2013, 09:51 PM

2. Black silicone looks good.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread